Scholarship for Academic Stay (Bogotá, Colombia)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Academic Stay 2015-2018
Deadline 2018: February 15
In the framework of the project “DAAD Subject-Related Partnership” led by the Computer Graphics and HCI group at TU Kaiserslautern (Germany) and the IMAGINE Visual Computing group at Universidad de Los Andes (Colombia) we offer the opportunity for TU Kaiserslautern master students to apply for a scholarship for academic stay at Universidad de Los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia).
This scholarship aims to provide TU Kaiserslautern students the opportunity to carry part of their master studies in an international and interdisciplinary environment. Students will be involved in active research projects from the IMAGINE Visual Computing group in order to strengthen their communication and collaboration skills, as well as to get in touch with common problematic from a different country and culture.
5-months academic stay starting in June until the first week of November. Applications are open for the years 2016-2018.
- Summer school course (4 ETCS)
- Master project in applied topics of Visual Analytics (8 ETCS)
- Seminar (4 ETCS)
- Intensive Spanish course
- Participation in other lectures (optional)
The scholarship cover the costs of the flight tickets and a monthly support of 500 euros. Medical insurance and visa fees* are not covered by this scholarship.
* Visa is only required for students whose nationality requires a tourist visa for Colombia (see the list of countries that do not require a visa) or for stays longer than 180 days.
Be registered as master student in computer science at TU Kaiserslautern.
Have completed and approved at least one lecture from the Computer Graphics and HCI group
Spanish knowledge (desirable but not mandatory)
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Grades certificate (scores obtained in the bachelor and master courses)
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
For further information about the program, please contact Diana Fernandez-Prieto (email@example.com).